Thursday, March 20, 2008

This Man Must DIE


A couple of years ago I bought a DVD of Claude Chabrol's
This Man Must DIE (Que la bĂȘte meure). I had never heard
of this film before, but I really liked the title This Man Must
DIE
.


The film turned out to be a very good one, and the french people
from 1969 looked interesting, so I made some sketches.
This is not a sketch of me sketching – it's the hero of the film
writing in his diary
.


I won't give away the beginning or the end of the film! All
these sketches are from around the middle.











Although the FILM was good, the DVD was bad quality.
Whenever people moved around they looked blurry, even
just this man talking.












"I must convince Decourt to go boating."






Decourt: "Say, don't you think it's getting a little choppy?"
Thenier: "No, on the contrary, the sea is perfect."





I'm hoping to make some more sketches from DVDs – if I can find
the time – as my contribution to international film-and-
DVD appreciation!

No comments:

Post a Comment